12.23.2015

Old Art Journals finished and bound

I have had these signatures of partnership art journals since 2010. I actually had to finish a few pages on the one. I shared one in a previous post.
http://www.alteredartstudio9010.blogspot.com/2015/12/live-laugh-love.html

I decided to do a book cover binding technique I have seen many others do. So I took the "guts" out of this old atlas and then used hemp to bind each signature into the spine of the book. I used some binding tape I had on had and a few pieces of card stock to reinforce the binding before sewing in the signatures.

Here are a few pictures:


 I added some buttons and beads to the hemp threads that were left hanging



 I may add some embossing to the cover, it is such a cool old book ...
 Inside front cover
 a few pages ...


 I added a piece of wax paper to keep the pages from sticking together.
I used glass matte medium back then. Sometimes sticks together.






No comments:

Post a Comment