1.20.2016

Christmas Boxes Make Over

While traveling earlier in the month I was able to take advantage of some after Christmas sales at Tuesday Mornings in Pigeon Forge. I bought 3 Christmas storage type boxes with the intention of re-making them into family photo and memento boxes for our library. The pictures were in ugly cardboard boxes and needed a new home badly.

Here are the pictures and products used for the make over.

I have removed the big red bow on all the boxed and fixed a few corners that made them even less expensive. :-)

First coast was chalk paint and then I added the craft acrylic turquoise paint to it for the second dry brushed layer

I used the burnt sienna color to rub around corners and give it a vintage feel and then a little gold rub on never hurts to brighten things up

Tim Holtz tissue paper and also made my own tissue paper using Stampin Up roller stamps. I decided on teh smallest box to just use the wheel stamps right onto the box. Each method gave a different look. Loved them all.


The third wheel did not have it's paper tag any longer with it's name.


close up of Tim Holtz tissue paper

All filled and in their new home.
Thanks for stopping by.
See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment