8.03.2011

My Dad's ROD Journal

I made a slideshow of some of the pages in the ROD journal I am making for my Dad. (Click on title of post to get to slideshow) I'm keeping it pretty simple. I do want to embellish a bit more. But it's a guy's journal so I don't want to go over board. I'm making it with the same purpose in mind as I made my mom's. For him to write about his life & memories. It will be a treasured keepsake.
Thanks for looking  . . . now I'm off to the gym :-)



Update: This "not buying anything except gas" is HARD!! I forgot my flip flops at home so now I have to wear my gym shoes all day at work. Any other day I would have run to the dollar store and bought flip flops, ugh!! I did my first Pilates work out today. It wasn't real hard but I can already feel my body responding to the fact that I have given it a very different work out . . . so this is good . . . I think??
I have scheduled time off in September to hike the AT for a long weekend. I am so excited. My oldest son, Chris, is coming with me. I hope to get to the summit of Mount Rogers in VA. So all this extra training will help me I am sure and makes any discomfort so worth it, when I get to top. :-)

OK now it's time to work . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment