5.04.2011

Art paper scrap collage

          I loved doing this page.
First I covered the background with black gesso.
Then I tore my paint paper scraps. (These are the papers I put behind the pages in a book when I paint them. I use them over and over again so they are very colorful.)
Then I used gel medium to adhere them to my book pages. I allowed everything to dry overnight.
I came back with black acrylic paint and painted the words. I used painted stamps for the word believe.
       Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I have been trying to get our huge lawn mowed and also keeping up with my 60 minutes of hiking and exercise each day. Doesn't leave much time for anything else before I head into work for the afternoon.
        I posted a slideshow of my North Carolina hiking vacation on the side bar of the blog.

2 comments:

  1. What an AMAZING piece!
    I love it! Very inspiring.

    Wonderful, too, that you are hiking/exercising an hour a day. I try to keep to that schedule, too!:)

    So glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your paint paper scraps for using again in other projects. It's given you a beautiful entry! I do the same. Some times I use a brown paper grocery bag or brown mailing paper, some times newsprint, and other times I use the clear plastic paper that holds the cereal inside cereal boxes. I hate to waste paper and paint! :-)

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete