3.28.2011

My first ROD journal

I finally made my first Remains of the Day journal / keepsake.
I made this for my mom. I will make a slide show in a few days to show the inside. It has pictures from her childhood and young married life. I left lots of room for her to write her memories. She helped me with the cover. She knows how to sew, I do not. But this kind of sewing I can do. She pressed the slipcover before I made it into the cover.
Anyways  . . . it's late and I have to get to bed. So I'll do more later.

3 comments:

  1. This looks great, Deb! And what a wonderful idea to make a journal for your mom to write in it. I made a couple of ROD journals last year, and I really love making them. I'm looking forward to see the inside of your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Deb, your mom will be blessed by such a gift of your time and love.

    Coleen
    still floating the U.S. (Texasn now)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Deb! and such a thoughtful gift for your mother. Now, is that a necktie you're using for a wrap? I've done that too. Thanks for your comment on the ROD group.

    ReplyDelete