1.29.2011

Using magazine pictures in your art

Here I used the design of the page in the book and magazine pictures to create a page I love!
The heart is a sticker. I used watercolor crayons to shade and outline areas. I use an almost dry wet wipe to rub over the watercolor crayon. I cut text from a magazine and blocked out some text and left other to tell a story. I had this picture cut out from a magazine for awhile and just decided to use it on this page. I came back later to finish it. I do this quite often. Start a page with some collage work and then come back to journal on it.
Another thing I do once in a while in the evening at work (call center) waiting for the next phone call, is cut images and text from old magazines. I have always subscribed to lots of magazines and I have kept them all. So I have started to go through them and get what I want out and then recycle the rest. I have a few file folders I sort things into. Some of my categories are: text & quotes, texture, places, people, and buildings.
If you try this a technique or any of the others I have posted about and want to send me a picture I'd love to see them.
Have a great Sunday and week!

2 comments:

  1. What a great journal page, Deb! I very much like the way you have combined and layered the various images and texts. Thank you for telling us how you made this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page Deb, So vibrant. Love how it all flows together. You have a kindred spirit in me with the mag pics collecting. I'm obsessive with it :) No magazine ever leaves my house without me slaughtering it to bits. I too have a filing system (hard plastic files with click tab locks). My categories are people, animals, plants, words, backgrounds (everything that doesn't fit into other categories).

    ReplyDelete