1.11.2011

2011 Word of Intent ~ Aspire

Hi all,

I chose ASPIRE as my word of intent this year.

ASPIRE ~ to have an earnest desire or ambition, as for something high and good. to long for; seek after. to reach or rise upward.

I am hoping to do a long distance hike this year. What that looks like I do not fully know yet. It may mean a weekend, 3 to 4 days, or a full week. I have been reading AT (Appalachian Trail) journals on trailjournals.com. They are very inspiring. The hiking is one thing I aspire to.

A few other things I aspire to are: in the process of all this hiking, to loose weight (25 lbs so far, woohoo!!) and get my cardio ability strengthen; to be a kinder, more patient person; to find ways to do good in my little corner of the world; to stretch myself in my art; to move from wanting to hold an art retreat . . . to doing it :-)!

So there is my word and all it means to me . . .


The art journal page is from a traveling journal I participated in with the theme LOVE

2 comments:

  1. Deb, your journals and other pieces are really beautiful! I found your blog via the Strathmore workshop discussions (I'm still working with week 2...). And you know what, I'm also in the Diary 2011. My dates are October 4 and October 22. What's your page? I wish you a creative and happy year 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pages are April 17th and Oct 13.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. I went to yours too.

    ReplyDelete