10.31.2010

Pictures of my first face painting & words of affirmation





I have joined the free classes online & Willowing & Friends. Tam is a great teacher. I have wanted to try faces for a while now, so I jumped in and did one in my art journal altered book I am doing all this year. The paper was a challenge with all the layers she has us doing. So it's not quite what I wanted but not too bad. We were to write words of affirmation on the other page. Something that we need to say to ourself more often. So that is why I choose these words. I think as women we need to do this more. I am putting myself first now in the need for time to exercise. That is why I do not blog as much, or comment as much in my groups. If I spend that time sitting on the computer then I do not have the time to exercise. So here is my finished product if blogger cooperates and lets me upload them.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Deb,

    I love your face - and the sentiment you've used is quite touching. I'm also taking the Willowing class (seems like, "who isn't?" is appropriate here!). She is a good teacher.

    What I love about your face is that she/you look more normal than other faces I've seen from the class. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above post. YOur face looks like a lady I might actually meet somewhere. She looks friendly too. We do need to take ourselves into account more than most women do. The only time my daughter rests is when she comes to visit once or twice a year. The rest of her time is non-stop for her kids (and she says for herself then as her kids are everything to her) and her husband. She has no time to stop and do nothing or to recharge in any way. I just hope she doesn't get sick from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your page! Great affirmation, too. Elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the words of love & encouragement!

    ReplyDelete