4.19.2010

Back from ARTiScape

I had a fantastic weekend in Columbus doing new art techniques.
I made an altered book clutch on Friday afternoon. It was an old Leo Tolstoy book, so it has really cool pictures in it. We used some of the text to cover the inside. I will take pictures and hopefully post them tomorrow.
on Saturday morning I made a leather bound journal. It had 5 signatures and I used brown supple leather for the cover. Pictures soon. It is a binding that I can use with fabric or heavy paper too.
On Saturday afternoon I had free time to look at all the neat offering at the marketplace. Spent more money than I probably should have.
We had a 5 course dinner on Sat that left a little to be desired. But met some great ladies and had wonderful conversation that made the meal easy to get through. Of course another martini didn't hurt either.
Sunday morning I was able to sleep in a little after getting my roommate off. She is from Indy. She and I only met this weekend in person, but I feel like she was a long lost friend.
Sunday afternoon, I took an encaustic (beeswax paint) class with Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch. It was an awesome class, where I learned a lot about this medium I have been wanting to try for over a year. So much so that I already have all the supplies, just needed some hands on guidance.

I had a great time and am already looking forward to next year and I know a few of the classes I want to take if they are offered again. Who knows maybe I will be able to teach something I know too. Stay tuned on that front . . .

Have a good week!
Deb
PS I'll do my best to post pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment