7.01.2009

AB Yahoo group birthday book


I have finished my page for the Altered Book Yahoo group birthday book. Over 100 people are submitting pages to Corinne, one of the co-moderators of the group. She is going to out of the very goodness of her heart, copy each page sent and bind them into a book for each of us, who are participating. It's quite an undertaking in my book! I can't wait to see it.

It was a challenge to work on a page only 4 x 6 inches big. I had decided as soon as I signed up for the swap to use a page out of one my favorite books, A Gift from the Sea, by Anne Morrow Lindburg. So I picked the page, and started the background effect and then measured. My page was way too big to get the words I wanted to include. So I decided to scan the page with the background effect done and shrink it down to 4 x 6. Mission accomplished, I set to adding all the doodles and stamped images. I'm pretty happy with it. The background doesn't sparkle like the original, but I guess it wouldn't have sparkled in the copies either. Corinne is going to keep all the originals and possibly submit the original book for publication. That would be sooo cool. That was not the original intent of the project. But a nice possible side effect . . .

3 comments:

  1. Hi Deb!
    I LOVE your altered book page for the swap! The subtle colors and the hand written calligraphy and doodles are AWESOME! I can hardly wait to get my own copy in the mail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... so nice love the colors - can't wait to see this grand book. LOVE to doodle but your is so wonderful.

    Cami
    www.bluetangoartfactory.com

    ReplyDelete