7.18.2009

49th Birthday Weekend!!


It's been a good birthday. Worked on the 17th, so we went to Columbus today and explored the Polaris side of town. Lot's of neat shops. We got here about 9:30am so not much was open except Barnes & Nobles. It was a huge one. About 10:15 we wandered over to The Great Indoors. We got some bathroom makeover ideas. Neat store. Greg plans on doing on 1st floor bathroom over into a spa type of shower. So it was neat to see ideas. We also went to World Market. Found a nice Reisling wine to take home. Next stop was Joann's. Had my coupons, some for Greg too. So I got a new stamp and paper was 6/96 cents. So I got some neat new ones.

Then we looked at Sizzix Big Kick stuff. I have been wanting to try some embossing, so Greg said I should get one with my 50% off. They were sold out, so I got some embossing templates, since I know someone in our group has one. We then went to Red Lobster for lunch. Delicious!! No room for dessert. We then found Kirkland's, which I fell in love with in NC. I got a little lamp and some picture frames. Started home and stopped at one antique store. Got a few treasures. I scanned one of a box of old cards I got. The back of each card is a clear piece of vellum like material. Really neat. I called the Zanesville Joann's when I got home and they had a Big Kick , so I went and got it. I can't wait to use it. I need to get a special pad for embossing and I'll be set.

Came home and made a fire in the back yard and sat by it while the sun went down, drinking a glass of my wine. Relaxing and peaceful end to a perfect day!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! Happy Birthday! Love my Big Kick. I got it last year for my birthday and I use it mostly for embossing.

    ReplyDelete